Christmas will soon be upon us, and there is often so much planning and preparation to do….
How about treating yourself, this year, to a delicious homemade Christmas cake, made by Anna Baker Cakes? Made using all the finest locally sourced ingredients – butter, free-range eggs, dried fruits and lots of brandy!
Anna Baker Cakes have already started soaking all the delicious dried fruits for their Christmas Cakes and orders are pouring in. In order for the cakes to develop their exquisite flavour, they are made early and regularly infused with brandy. This ensures they not only taste wonderful, but will be moist and keep for months (if you can resist eating it that is)!
Cooking a traditional Christmas cake takes time….. a slow bake…… filling the kitchen with the delicious fragrant spice smells of winter. Once baked, the cake will be stored and fed regularly, with a drizzle of golden brandy, until it is ready to be covered with a thin layer of marzipan, which serves to trap in all the flavour and provide the perfect base for the silky smooth fondant icing. Anna Baker Cakes use the same recipe for those who want a more traditional wedding cake.
Christmas cake decoration varies from the elaborate to classic simplicity – the choice is yours! White fondant icing, festive ribbons and delicate shapes make the perfect design.
Decorating a Christmas Cake can be tailored to the customer’s desires, but here are a few suggestions for the perfect Christmas centrepiece.
- Nature – real holly leaves, pine cones or twigs add a touch of rustic charm.
- Fruity delight – glazed fruits and nuts are the perfect edible decoration.
- Shape up – cut shapes of stars, snowflakes or holly, either white or colour stand out on any Christmas cake.
- Cheat with style – there are a wide variety of decorations that can be purchased -quaint Christmas sleighs, Christmas trees, presents. Any ornament or even small toy can be used.
- Clear and simple – wording is effective, “Merry Christmas” or “Seasons Greetings” can be hand written or purchased in the form of a cake topper.
You don’t have to live locally in the Cotswolds to enjoy one of Anna’s delicious Christmas Cakes as she is able to post them, as long as you live in the UK.
If you plan on having a Christmas cake as a centrepiece at a festive party, or as a luxurious treat over this special season, get in touch with Anna Baker Cakes today to order your bespoke Christmas cake.